The BioPort group from Ghent University is currently looking for a talented:
to be hired on a project running for 4-years, and eager to obtain a PhD.
BioPort is a young and dynamic research group at the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering of Ghent University and recently started a new and emerging research line on extracellular transport over biological membranes related to Industrial Biotechnology. On January 1st 2019 we will kick-off a new FWO-SNSF project named “Deciphering pathways of fatty acid efflux and their use to optimize microbial cell factories” in collaboration with Prof. Roger Schneiter from the University of Fribourg in Switzerland. The project will be running for four years and we are looking for a motivated PhDstudent willing to join our team during the course of the project, with the final aim to obtain a PhD.
We are looking for a candidate eager to obtain a PhD and fascinated by research in an academic setup. Please see other requirements below:
• You have a master degree in Bioscience Engineering, Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering.
• You have obtained this degree with at least ‘distinction’ (cum laude).
• You have not previously received a PhD fellowship (not even in part) or worked as a PhDstudent on a project.
• Experience with molecular biology and microbiology is essential
• Experience with industrial biotechnology or biochemistry is a plus
• Being fluent in English is essential, knowledge of Dutch is a plus
• You proved to have scientific maturity and independence
• You are creative, can think out of the box and have a pioneering spirit
• You are able to deal with failure
• You are a team player
• Eligibility and willingness to obtain a personal FWO PhD-scholarship is a plus
If you are an eligible candidate, enthusiastic about this subject and interested in joining our BioPort team, please send your motivation letter and CV (including study results, thesis research topic, contact information of possible referee persons and a recent picture of yourself) to Prof. Dr. ir. Inge Van Bogaert (Inge.VanBogaert@ugent.be) before November 30th, 2018. Please use the reference Application_SNSF.
Note that applicants not fulfilling the selection requirements will not get a reply.
BioPort Group – Centre for Synthetic Biology – Department of Biotechnology
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering – Ghent University
Coupure links 653 – 9000 Gent – Belgium
+32 92 64 60 34
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.